PPC Case Study
In mid 2023 we were approached by National Property Valuers, a company with over 30 years of impressive history and presence in all regions of Australia. Mission was to optimise their existing Google Ads campaign as stopped running. Fixing this problem took probably around 5 minutes, however during the initial audit we discovered a numerous other, more serious issues and misconfigurations, so we reported our findings and NPV CEO decided to overhaul the entire account.
One of the main requested changes was targeting - instead of local, this we had to change the targeting to Australia wide (with a small exceptions).
We prepared a detailed keyword research using Google Keyword Planner, which helped us to estimate an overall monthly budget and identify keywords related to our niche.
We created 7 search campaigns to cover all the most important Australian cities, implemented Google Tag Manager which helped us with setting up all the necessary conversions we wanted to track.
When the above steps have been completed, we created user engaging ads, set up ad scheduling, demographics targeting and prepared separate negative keywords list for all campaigns, and one common for all campaigns to exclude branding keywords.
Initial results have been pretty far from expectations. It always take around 5 days for the algorithm to complete "learning mode", but after 14 days we have not observed anything spectacular. We started optimise landing pages and work on improving quality score to lower CPC, simultaniously we kept on adding new negative keywords and refine targeting. Conversion rate slowly started to crawl up. After 3 weeks it was around 3% which is way, way below what was our goal.
More optimisation and changes finally started to paying off. We fininshed 5th week with 13.47% conversion rate, which already looked good, but we still felt like this can be improved. Bit more targeting changes and conversion for the 6th week reached amazing 27%! We finished second month of management with outstanding result if 24.65% (this is the average for weeks 5-8) since we started.